Check back frequently as more documents will be added as they are submitted.
As hard copies will be limited to 1 per club, PLEASE print and bring any additional copies you may need.
Consider making the hard copy documentation available publicly at your club!
2016 OVCA AGM - September 26th, 2016
Clark Hall, RA Centre, Ottawa, Ontario
Meet and Greet: 5:00pm
Call to Order: 6:00pm
All items presented by the President unless otherwise noted.
- Call to order and Welcome
- Approval of Agenda
- Moment of silence
- Approval of minutes from last meeting of September 14, 2015
- Business arising from minutes of meeting September 14, 2015
- Association Greetings
- Ladies Curling Association
- Canadian Branch of the Royal Caledonian Curling Club
- Ontario Curling Association
- Canadian Curling Association
- Reports – No presentations planned. Questions or comments are welcomed.
- Youth Curling Director Tom Sinclair
- Development Director Bill Duck
- Communications Director Paul Hennessey
- Upper Ottawa Valley Liaison – Margaret Lomor
- OVCA Competitions and Event
- Brokerlink OVCA Junior Superspiel (included with youth report) Tom Sinclair
- Royal Lepage/OVCA Women’s Fall Classic Kim Wilson
- OVCA Mixed Bonspiel – Kim Wilson
- Alexander Keith’s OVCA City of Ottawa Men’s Bonspiel – Al McPhee
- Golf Tournament – Peter Smith
- Development Fund – John DiLabio
- President’s Report
- Financial position (will be available at the meeting):
- Review Engagement Report and approval for 2014 - 2015 – Jim Stewart
- Last season accomplishments and financials - Bill Woods and Jim Stewart
- Budget 2015–2016 and Approval – Jim Stewart
- OCA 2016/17 competitive changes (15 min).
- Update on Branch activity and OVCA support of the registration for the Governor Generals
- Over view of the Brier success story – (10 minutes) - Elaine Brimicombe
- Overview of the 50/50 specific effort for the OVCA. (10 minutes)
- Introduction of the new OVCA programs associated with the Brier funds (15 minutes)
- New business – Bill
- Open positions
- Director at Large
- Open positions
- Ken Thain awards – nominators or club Presidents
- Nomination of new president (Tom) and award of Past President Pin
- Closing Remarks and adjournment